I hope you don’t mind my throwing stats about my collection around, but posting my progress in organizing & purging helps with both motivation (if I do well) and guilt (if I don’t). When I first started blogging I’d update my numbers on a weekly basis, but now I’m doing well if I do this every couple of months.
This time around, the numbers reflect changes since November 1st… and to maintain the appeal for those visually-oriented people (like myself), I’ve included images of cards I’ve picked up over the past calendar year.
Net change in the collection since 11/1/13: -481 (465 added, 946 purged – fairly low numbers on both sides)
Total # of cards purged from the collection to date: 7,393
Net change to the # of cards in the house since 11/1: -10,215 (487 in, 10,702 out… yeah, I got rid of a lot of cards recently)
Total # of cards which have left the house to date: 33,300 (every time I update this number, I think “Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!”)
Number of individual cards tracked in my Access database: 48,206
Number of cards that make up the sets flagged as completed in my Access database: 16,920
…which means I’ve got at least 65,126 cards in my collection.