Posting my progress in organizing and purging helps with both motivation (if I do well) and guilt (if I don’t). I used to update my numbers weekly, but now I’m good with doing this quarterly. You won’t see another post like this until July.
I know this isn’t the most exciting subject, so to spice things up a tiny bit, I’ve included some cards I’ve gotten in my last two 100-card repacks.
The numbers here reflect changes since January 1st…
Net change in the collection since 1/1/14: -358 (782 added, 1140 purged – I need to work on the purging some more)
Total # of cards purged from the collection to date: 8,533
Net change to the # of cards in the house since 1/1: +1,024 (1499 in, 475 out… I went to a card show for the first time in quite a while and… well… I bought a lot of stuff)
Total # of cards which have left the house to date: 33,775
Number of individual cards tracked in my Access database: 48,300
Number of cards that make up the sets flagged as completed in my Access database: 16,920
…which means I’ve got at least 65,220 cards in my collection.