Weight loss works better if you keep track of what you eat and weigh yourself regularly. I’m trying to shed some pounds in the form of excess cardboard… but I’ve been bad about sharing my results.
When I started this blog, weigh-in’s were a weekly thing. I slipped, and it became quarterly… and now I haven’t done one of these since early February. To make matters worse, I strongly suspect I’m not going to like the results.
I know it’s not the most exciting subject for a post, which is why I’ve included the oddballs.
The numbers here reflect changes since February 4th.
Net change in the collection since 2/4/15: +923 (1,817 added, 894 purged)
Net change to the # of cards in the house since 2/4/15: +2,296 (2,448 in, 152 out)
In the below figures, “to date” means since I started tracking this stuff on 10/16/2011.
Total # of cards purged from the collection, to date: 11,489
Total # of cards which have left the house, to date: 42,014
Net change to the collection, to date: -1,623
Net change to the number of cards in the house, to date: -24,108
Number of individual cards tracked in my Access database: 51,704
Number of cards that make up the sets flagged as completed in my Access database: 17,623
…which means I’ve got at least 69,327 cards in my collection.
Epilogue: I’m not happy with where I am… I really need to de-bloat my collection, but I’m heading in the wrong direction. On the other hand, when I look at the number of cards I have purged and the number which have left the house… I’d hate to think of where I’d be if I hadn’t started purging 4 years ago.